30 Mar Building Blocks – Social Skills Group
~ MEDICARE REBATE MAY APPLY ~
A 6 week social skills group for primary school children to incrementally learn and develop the social skills required in their every day interactions and relationships with peers and adults at home, at school and other contexts.
Is your child struggling to make and keep friends?
Is your child’s chronological age greater than their emotional and cognitive development? Does your child do well academically, but struggle socially? Would you like your child to be able to moderate their responses?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, join our social skills group.
Social skills are just as important for success as academic skills. Building Blocks provides structured, scaffolded learning opportunities through experiential play, videos, games and roles plays.
Our social skills groups focus on;
- The ‘hidden social rules’ in different contexts.
- Recognising that I have thoughts and feelings and you have thoughts and feelings.
- Whole body listening.
- How to join a group.
- How to negotiate friendships.
- Big problems vs. little problems.
Term 3 Problem Solving Thermometer (view 2016 calendar)
- You have thoughts and feelings &
- I have thoughts and feelings
- What I do affects you
- And what you do affect me
- Thought bubbles; Talking bubbles & Feeling bubbles
- Comfortable/Uncomfortable thoughts &
- Comfortable /Uncomfortable feelings
- You Listen and think with your eyes by Looking at peoples faces and eyes
- Whole body listening. reading body language
Two facilitators with over 30 years combined experience will be leading the small group.
Contact Angela Ranallo for more information or call on 93198262 or 0404 470 042.